A world of benefits
The SENCHA Light Therapy Mask comes with a world of scientifically-backed benefits:
- Treats and prevents acne by killing the acne causing bacteria under your skin
- Minimises fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating collagen and elastin production
- Reduces the appearance of scars, hyper-pigmentation and other skin ailments, such as rosacea by deeply penetrating the skin and promoting growth of skin cells
- Calms redness and inflammation
- Guaranteed clearer, brighter and more youthful complex with long term use
- 7 different colours (each targeting a different skin concern) and 5 different strengths
- Unlimited number of uses – there is no gimmick-y activator!
A colour for every skin concern
Each SENCHA Light Therapy Mask has 7 different colours. Each colour targets a different skin concern:
- Blue light (430-450nm) – blue light kills and prevents acne by killing the acne causing bacteria known as P.acnes. Blue light therapy is FDA-cleared to treat mild to moderate inflammatory acne.
- Red light (650-730nm) – reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating collagen production and increasing blood flow to the skin and capillaries on the face.
- Purple light (640nm) – a handy combination of blue and red light to fight acne and promote healing all at once.
- Yellow light (590nm) – increases the overall healing of the skin by boosting the flow of lymphatic fluids and promoting the growth of new skin cells. Great for rosacea, redness and sensitive skin.
- Green light (525-550nm) – allows your skin to stimulate your skin cells and generate new proteins. Great for targeting acne scars and hyperpigmentation for a brighter complexion.
- Aqua/cyan light (640nm) – another handy combination of green and blue light.
- White infrared light (510nm) – last but definitely not least, white near-infrared light penetrates the deepest into your skin to accelerate tissue metabolism and reduce inflammation.
How does LED Light Therapy treat acne?
Let's get science-y. The p.acnes bacteria synthesises and stores a large amount of porphyrins. Once the porphyrin is exposed to visible light (specifically blue light), it becomes chemically active and transfers to an excited state, resulting in formation of oxygen and reactive free radicals, which in turn kills the p.acnes bacteria. When used together, red light and blue light have synergistic effects in treatment of acne. The SENCHA Light Therapy Mask's purple light is a handy combination of blue and red light to fight acne and promote healing all at once!
Source: Low-Level Laser (Light) Therapy (LLLT) in Skin: Stimulating, Healing, Restoring - Pinar Avci, MD, Asheesh Gupta, PhD, et al.